Guyers House Hotel & Restaurant is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of personal data which we have collected.
Guyers House Hotel & Restaurant is owned and operated by:
Donnington Castle Conferences Limited of Guyers House, Pickwick, Corsham, Wiltshire SN13 OPS.
Personal Data we may hold
We may hold personal data about you which you have provided to us and which has been collected when you booked at Guyers House Hotel or Restaurant or made and enquiry whether in person, over the telephone, e-mail or on line using our website. It may also have come to us if you booked through a booking agency or communicated using Facebook or other social media. The information we hold may include your name, address, e-mail address telephone number or credit card details.
Purposes for which we hold your personal data
To enable us to:-
- Process your bookings and accommodation
- Answer your queries
- Provide our food and beverage services
- Confirm reservations
- Update you on special offers or opportunities or events available at Guyers Hotel or Restaurant
- Facilitate payment.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We will not disclose personal information we hold about you to any third party.
Retention of Data
We retain information for a period of one year subject to our duty to delete the data at the request of the individual to whom it relates.
We will delete any data we hold on an individual at the request of that person. We have procedures in place to provide for the rights of individuals relating to the information we hold.
- Right to be informed – every person has the right to know details of the data being held by us.
- Right to have access – any data subject has the right to access their information free of charge.
- Right to rectify – the right to make alterations to the data we hold.
- Right to erase – the right to request or removal or deletion of their personal data.
- Right to restrict processing – the right to require their information to no longer be processed.
- Right to object – object to the use of material for marketing purposes.
What are cookies?
- Cookies are small data files containing unique identifiers, which are sent to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are used to improve your online experience to:
Make our website operate as you’d expect
Remember your settings during and between visits
Improve the speed/security of the site
Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
Continuously improve our website for you
Make our marketing more efficient.
Types of cookies
Category 1 Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. User consent is not required for the delivery of those cookies which are strictly necessary to provide services requested by the user.
Category 2 Cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for e.g. which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Definitions supplied by the International Chamber of Commerce ‘ICC UK Cookie Guide’ April 2012.
We use these two types of cookie and they are kept for up to 2 years.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our website.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
For information on how to delete cookies, please refer to: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser’s-Cookies
Collect any personally identifiable information without your express permission
Collect any sensitive information without your express permission
Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
Pay sales commissions
- Right to portability – allows individuals to obtain their personal data and reuse it elsewhere.
We hold this data only with your consent will delete any personal data which we hold relating to an individual at the request of that person.
If you have any queries about this policy or your personal data or wish to submit an access request or any other matter relating to your personal data please write to the address above or email email@example.com.